Connect on Whatsapp : +97143393999, Uninterrupted Access 24x7, 100% Confidential. Connect Now
Error goes here
Please upload all relevant files for quick & complete assistance.
ISY S6 001
Pervasive and Immersive User Experience
Report (Analysing trends in IoT user experience ...
ISY S6 001
Pervasive and Immersive User Experience
Report (Analysing trends in IoT user experience design)
ISY S6001 - Pervasive and Immersive User Experience Page 1 of 3
ISY S6 001 - Pervasive and Immersive User Experience
Faculty of Science and Engeening
Session 1, 202 1
Assignment 1 - Report (Analysing trends in IoT user experience design)
Th is assignment is worth 30 % of the total marks and is due on Friday 2 April 20 21.
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to write a report of design research
and trend analysis in user experience design of Internet of Things (IoT) .
Your task in brief:
• You are required to produce your own report on a certain topic area focusing on trends in
user experience design of IoT .
• Your topic must be determined in consultation with your tutor /lecturer to ensure content
suitability and to avoid excessive duplication of content areas with your peer groups .
• All students ar e encouraged to select a specialised (rather than general) topic area in the
field of IoT .
• To prepare the report , you will need to thoroughly analyse the selected topic . Although you
will provide the report on a topic of your own choosing , you should prep are the trend
analysis report for an area that you have s ome interest/prior knowledge in. Familiarity with
the area will make it easier to analyse the IoT system.
• You should work on this assignment individually (This is NOT a group assessment).
Scenario and requirements:
Identify a n area in the field of Internet of Things . Consider the user experience design of the
system. Write a trend analysis that includes multiple sources and speculation about the topic you
Your report must
i. use the template provided on MySCU under assessment menu
ii. be no more than 2000 words
iii. use a formal and academic writing style with a clear structure (Harvard)
iv. include an executive summary, introduction, body , and conclusion
v. use headings if appropriate
vi. address each of the following steps to complete the report :
(1) Identify an area of IoT field – There are different areas where IoT is growing its roots.
For instance, smart homes, smart cities, wearables, connected industries, IoT in agriculture
(smart farming ), connected healthcare, smart energy, smart learning, connected cars, smart
retail, smart supply chain, and so on. Select the application of your own choice.
(2) Conduct research about the selected topic area – Search the literature about the
selected topic a rea. Research as much as you can about the topic you are analy sing. Trends
involve using a variety of different pieces of data, so you need to obtain as much
ISY S6001 - Pervasive and Immersive User Experience Page 2 of 3
information as possible about various aspect of the selected IoT system , and rel evant user
experience design .
(3) Prepare the report : Your report must provide detailed information about the selected IoT
topic , and user experience design of the selected system . The report must in clude
information such as history, application areas, applied connected devices, architecture
(network), real -life example of the use of the system, current status of the user experience
in the area , various data and patterns transmitted to and from the implemented system , and
so forth . The report must also p rovide recommenda tions on what you think the trend will
be in the future . Use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation; clear presentation; an d
appropriate referencing style (Harvard) .
Assessment criteria for the report
Refer to the above specific questions , and address them in your report. This report is worth 3 0
marks for the unit . The criteria used to assess the report are:
Report Document Marks
• Evidence of appropriate breadth and depth of research for the report topic
• Relationship and relevance of articles to the report topic
• Appropriate referencing of articles
Content and Analysis :
• Clear and appropriate understanding of the report topic
• Critical discussion of the report topic
• Logical argument demonstrated through referenced articles
• Suitable structure and organisation and index
• Clarity of writing style for readability
• Appropriate expression, grammar and spelling
Mark deductions (after):
Demerit areas Marks
Not using the report template
(ISY S6 001_Assignment_1_Report_Template .docx )
Not writing Report Title, Student Name, Student Number, etc. at the first page -1%
Not writing the Executive Summary -1%
Not writing the Introduction and Conclusion section s -1%
Exceeding the maximum word -limit -2%
Late submission penalty 5% per day
• Report Template: Students must use the report template, available at the Assessment
page, to submit this Assignment. Information regarding mark distribution, word -limit, etc.
in the template file is for the whole assignment.
ISY S6001 - Pervasive and Immersive User Experience Page 3 of 3
• Word -limit: The maximum word -limit will be strictly applied . The marker can deduct
marks for writing over this word -limit. So, make sure your report is completed within the
given word -limit. There is no maximum word -limit applicable for Title, Executive
Summary and appendices .
• Start early and submit on -time: Avoi d any pitfalls that may arise due to late start. Thus,
start your assignment as soon as possible to submit on -time. For late submissions, the
standard assessment submission policy will be applied (see the unit profile).
• Appendix: You may add appendices to document any additional material you wish to
include such as table s, diagram s, figures, or other supplementary material . Appendices do
not contribute to the word count of the document.
• Reference: You should add a reference section and include any references, including
publications (literature, books, etc.), which you want to refer to support you r report .
• Late Submission: This assignment will be due on Friday , 2 April 202 1, at 11 :00 pm. A
penalty of 5% of th e available mark will be deducted from the actual mark for each day of
late submission up to five day s.
• Consultation: You will have the opportunity to show your assignment draft to your
tutors /unit assessor for feedback . Several assignment consultation sl ots will be organised;
follow the announcements from the unit assessor .
• Contact: Please contact the unit assessor/ lecturer/ tutors if you have any issues or
Enter the password to open this PDF file:
MyAssignmenthelp.com functions as one-stop solutions of all types of assignment related queries. Expert writers associated with MAH deliver assignment help online in the fastest way possible. With assignment writing help, we have different teams of editors who provide assignment editing and proofreading assistance as well. For students who often wonder, who can do my assignment online or search the internet with the search term like write my assignment online, we provide one stop answer to all their assignment related issues. For our extensive range of services, students prefer to buy assignment from us at cheap rates.
On APP - grab it while it lasts!
*Offer eligible for first 3 orders ordered through app!
ONLINE TO HELP YOU 24X7
OR GET MONEY BACK!
OUT OF 38983 REVIEWS
Received my assignment before my deadline request, paper was well written. Highly